An Opportunity to Show Love and Compassion for One Who is Suffering...

 


The following is a heart wrenching plea for help from my daughter Lindsay Carpenter. Her mother (she and I were divorced in 1987) is both unwell and needing surgery for her shoulder as she is in great pain. The surgery was completed yesterday.

Lindsay, unable to foot the financial burden of assisted living complexes is reaching out in the hopes that caring loving people might find it in their hearts and do whatever they can to help. No matter how small or large the help may be, both my daughter and her mom will be eternally grateful. 


Hi, my name is Lindsay Carpenter, and I am in desperate need of help. I am trying to raise the funds for my mother to be placed in an assisted living facility or find a place to rent and hire home health care to monitor her ASAP. I need to come up with enough money to house her for as long as I can, to give me time to figure out our next steps.

 She needs to be where she can be regularly monitored and receive the care that she needs. She has a lot of medical issues, such as an ileostomy and severe chronic pain so she is unable to work to support herself. Financially, I am unable to afford the cost of the care she needs, and I don’t have a place for her to stay. I am on my own to raise the funds necessary to provide her with a home and cover her living expenses. She is currently in the hospital. They have admitted her until they can sort out rehab with Medicare.

She had to have surgery on her shoulder and I’m waiting to find out if she will be able to be transferred to rehab. She can’t change her colostomy bag, bathe, etc. without assistance post-surgery. Once she is out of rehab, I need to have a place established and ready for her to go as quickly as possible. It’s possible she may not be able to enter rehab and she needs care for 4-6 weeks. If she isn't admitted to rehab, I will need to use some of the funds raised to have someone go to her current (temporary) residence to care for her. I would appreciate anything that you can spare. Anything helps. Thank you.

Link To Lindsay & Dawn's GoFundMe account https://gofund.me/61d15574


UPDATE: Lindsay's mom actually had surgery yesterday


Comments

Top Posts

As the Liberal/Progressive Media and Blogosphere Attempt To Destroy Governor Chris Christie...

And The Carnage Continues...

Unspeakable Evil...

Recommended Reading, Thomas Piketty’s best-selling new book, “Capital in the Twenty-First Century”...

On the Zimmerman Trial amd Outcome...

Our Biggest Creditor {China} Tells Us "The good old days of borrowing are over"