The "Chairman of the Board" Maynard Ferguson

 By: Les Carpenter III
RationalNation USA

One of my loves in life is music. It ranks just ahead of ball room dancing, although I suppose they link quite naturally.

A litle known (and likely forgotten were it known at one time) bit of info. about this independent conservative with Libertarian  leanings.I was a one time muscian and student of jazz. My instrument was the trumpet,and I particulary loved the high not mastery and control of, Chairman of the Board, Maynard Ferguson.

Maynard was a student of muic beginning  his study at the age of four on the violin and piano. He soon changed and begin studying the trumpet. A French Canadian he played for the Stan Kenton orchestra earlier in his career before striking it out on his own and starting his own Big Band. The rest is history.

One of the finest in the business his steely high note trumpet was such there were but a few who could come even close too matching him.

As I leave for my weekend trek to New York, where I will most unfortunately not have internet access, I leave all you jazz lovers with a taste of the master... Maynard Ferguson.





Comments

  1. What? No big band jazz lovers out there? I can't believe it!

    Oh well back to my lonely world of jazz and true artistry!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

RN USA is a No Judgement Zone (to steal from Planet Fitness), so please, No Judgement of others. We reserve the right to delete any such comment immediately upon detection.

All views are welcome. As long as the comment is on topic and respectful of others.



Top Posts

The "Scandal" That Won't Go Away...

Our Biggest Creditor {China} Tells Us "The good old days of borrowing are over"

Looking To 2016...

The Ignorance and Arrogance of Obama...

Spoken Like a True Dyed In the Blue Statist...

The ObamaCare Divide Creating Two America's...

Race Baiting at the Highest Level of the Federal Government...?

More Thoughts On Reasonable Firearm Control...