On Hypocrisy...

by: Les Carpenter
Rational Nation USA
Purveyor of Truth


Coming across this articular on Memeorandum it drew my attention. Something about the headline told me something of interest was waiting inside the article. Sure enough there was.

Hypocrisy is a subject discussed and talked about frequently on blogs representing every side and social issue all over the internet. Gay rights and Gay pride is but one among the many.

While this article is is from the Catholic League it is relevant, balanced, and does have truth in it. The author, Bill Donohue make his point concisely and respectfully. The ring of truth to it is almost palatable.

Draw your own conclusions...

Bill Donohue comments on his exchange with officials from New York’s Heritage of Pride parade:

For the past few days I have been engaged in an e-mail conversation with officials from the Heritage of Pride parade, New York’s annual gay event; the dialogue has been cordial. I asked to join the parade under a banner that would read, “Straight is Great.” The purpose of my request was to see just how far they would go without forcing me to abide by their rules. It didn’t take long before they did.

Today, I informed Heritage of Pride officials that I objected to their rule requiring me to attend gay training sessions, or what they call “information” sessions. “I don’t agree with your rule,” I said. They responded by saying that attendance was “mandatory.”

The St. Patrick’s Day parade has mandatory rules, too. It bars groups representing their own cause from marching, which is why pro-life Catholics—not just gays—are barred from participating under their own banner. But only gays complain: they refuse to abide by the rules. Indeed, they went into federal court seeking to force a rule change. They lost. In 1995, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled 9-0 that private parades have a First Amendment right to determine their own rules.

It is hypocritical for gay activists to complain about having to abide by the mandatory rules of the St. Patrick’s Day parade, and then inform me that I cannot march in their parade unless I respect their mandatory rules, rules that I reject.

Good luck to the Heritage of Pride participants. I may be watching it from afar, but I sure won’t be downing a Guinness afterwards.

Comments

  1. I don't know, the guy (Donohue) always seems across as kind of angry to me (and to the creators of South Park, too, who did a totally awesome spoof on him).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

RN USA is a No Judgement Zone (to steal from Planet Fitness), so please, No Judgement of others. We reserve the right to delete any such comment immediately upon detection.

All views are welcome. As long as the comment is on topic and respectful of others.



Top Posts

The Ignorance and Arrogance of Obama...

Spoken Like a True Dyed In the Blue Statist...

The "Scandal" That Won't Go Away...

It's Going To Be Close, Brace Yourself For Continued Polarization of America, Especially if Obama Loses...

2015 Could Be a Bad Year for Liberals...

Small Businesses Can Improve the Health of a Community...

Is Our Democratic Republic At Risk From Forces Both Foreign and Within?...

April Job Numbers Appear Improved... Are They Really?

Jon Stewart and the Babbling Nancy Pelosi...