I Remember a Time When...

by: Les Carpenter
Rational Nation USA
Birthplace of Independent Conservatism
Liberty -vs- Tyranny


Occasionally everyone finds themselves reminiscing about the "good old days." It does the "soul" good. Even when one defines the "soul" as the rational mind as this writer does.

I remember a time when the unemployment rate was below five percent and everybody that wanted a job seemed to be working.

I remember a time when made in America was something to be proud of and pride in American workmanship was justified.

I remember a time when American values were respected worldwide and everybody wanted to be like the good old USA.

I remember a time when there was honor in politics and aspiring to serve as a elected official was an honorable pursuit.

I remember a time when the great American middle class was growing and prosperity was taken for granted.

I remember a time when corporate CEO's received REASONABLE compensation for their contributions and few questioned why they received what they did.

I remember a time when Americans believed there was nothing they couldn't accomplish if they put their minds to it.

I remember a time prior to the Department of Education when American students were among the best educated in the world.

I remember a time when a 10 or 12 year old could sit on their father's lap and learn to drive the family car.

I remember a time when a boy could go target shooting with his father and neither had to have a permit or license to do so.

I remember a time when common decency and civil language was commonplace. A time when young boys and girls had their mouth cleaned with soap for using filthy words in the presence of civilized people.

I remember a time when Mom was home bringing up the family and instilling values in the children... giving them guidance rather than a disinteresed babysiter or nanny.

I remember a time when government was smaller, when citizens had more liberty, and when we were a fiscally sound nation.

I am truly thankful I was fortunate enough to grow up during the time America experienced its very best years.

I am apprehensive for my children and grandchildren. America needs to find a dawn of rebirth.

Comments

  1. A tear and an "amen" for your thoughts (even if you don't fully value the "amen").

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, back in the days when we had tariffs and quotas rather than free markets, higher taxes for the wealthy and corporations, which they actually paid......and gee, government was smaller then!

    The days before supply side economics!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

RN USA is a No Judgement Zone (to steal from Planet Fitness), so please, No Judgement of others. We reserve the right to delete any such comment immediately upon detection.

All views are welcome. As long as the comment is on topic and respectful of others.



Top Posts

As the Liberal/Progressive Media and Blogosphere Attempt To Destroy Governor Chris Christie...

And The Carnage Continues...

Unspeakable Evil...

Recommended Reading, Thomas Piketty’s best-selling new book, “Capital in the Twenty-First Century”...

Our Biggest Creditor {China} Tells Us "The good old days of borrowing are over"

On the Zimmerman Trial amd Outcome...