Thoughts From A Rational Thinker

By: Les Carpenter III
Rational Nation USA


As this site continues to experience some technical difficulties, posts will continue to be brief, and fewer in volume until difficulties are fully resolved.

This morning while thinking about liberty, and everything the concept implies I ran across the following brief video. It struck me how we are discussing the same issues today that were being discussed quite some time ago.

The rational thinker speaking in the video was correct then, and though no longer with us remains correct today. The independent conservative and libertarian movement would do well to study and fully understand the principals and discipline that guided the thinking and philosophy of Ayn Rand.

Rand was truly a liberty minded individual who proclaimed herself more closely aligned with classical liberal thinking than consecrative. Hoverer, she defined herself as a radical for capitalism, true government hands off capitalism.

I leave you with her rational thought and comments.


Comments

  1. RN,

    I really need to set some time aside and read her book! I can see why you like her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rand was brilliant,a true rational thinker possessing a high degree of objectivity.

    Sadly today she is getting lost to a degree in the emotionalism of the left,and to be far the right as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was told by Comrade TAO to go here where I belong, so I'm checking in and reporting for duty as requested by Die Fuhrer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mal - Unlike The Chairman I have no problem with opinions that may not concur with my own.

    My requirements are comments be respectful with no offensive language. Well I guess an occasional hell or damn is tolerated from time to time.

    Anyway, thanks for dropping in. If liberty, objectivism, the belief in limited government... is your thing you might find something of value here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mal,

    Dude. Welcome.

    It's true. As long as you don't drop F-bombs or threaten to kill anyone, it's cool.

    I'm glad to see the "ex-CIA spook" and failed hippie TAO has recommended folks to stop by here, RN. Good for you!

    My God, but I love being Right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mal,
    Dude. Welcome.
    It's true. As long as you don't drop F-bombs or threaten to kill anyone, it's cool.


    Well that changes everything...OK then I'll just have to reduce my threats to Waterboarding...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

RN USA is a No Judgement Zone (to steal from Planet Fitness), so please, No Judgement of others. We reserve the right to delete any such comment immediately upon detection.

All views are welcome. As long as the comment is on topic and respectful of others.



Top Posts

The Ignorance and Arrogance of Obama...

The "Scandal" That Won't Go Away...

Spoken Like a True Dyed In the Blue Statist...

It's Going To Be Close, Brace Yourself For Continued Polarization of America, Especially if Obama Loses...

2015 Could Be a Bad Year for Liberals...

Small Businesses Can Improve the Health of a Community...

Is Our Democratic Republic At Risk From Forces Both Foreign and Within?...

April Job Numbers Appear Improved... Are They Really?

Jon Stewart and the Babbling Nancy Pelosi...