Sarah Palin to Newt Gingrich's Defense

by: Les Carpenter
Rational Nation USA
Liberty -vs- Tyranny


Sarah and Newt... The Odd Couple or a Perfect Team?

It has been a tough week. Of course they are all challenging, to one degree or another. However, for me this one has been grueling, having with it the requirement to change shifts early in the week and then back to my "normal" shift later in the week.

So, you may ask, what's the header of this post have to do with work? Well, absolutely nothing. Actually I am so GD tired I had planned on going to bed after I ate the fine dinner my wife had made before sending off to work. Told you it's been a tough week.

Anyway, I made the mistake of turning on my computer while I was waiting for my dinner to warm up. While browsing the highlights and the low lights of the news I just happened to come across the article in POLITICO about Sarah Palin being Newtie's secret weapon. It was just enough to wake me up.

Of course everyone who has visited this site knows my thoughts about Newtie. Newt's record, which is one of alarming inconsistencies and a penchant for telling less than the truth, is available to all who have a computer. And it should give reasonable and thoughtful people reason for pause.

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, a conservative and perhaps a presidential candidate himself in the future, has called Newtie an embarrassment to the republican party. With good reason. Newt would not be a man to increase and safeguard liberty and reign in government. He is big "R" statism personified.

That is why I am so puzzled with one of the darlings of the Tea Party, Sarah Palin, coming to the support of Newtie. One would think if Sarah really believes in liberty, reducing the size of government, and giving people more freedom she would be behind Ron Paul. But, as we all know, politics is politics an I'm sure Sarah is angling to position herself for the future.

At any rate, given her knack for appearing when needed to defend Newtie everyone should now be questioning her her grip on reality. I'm now quite glad she was never just a heartbeat away from the nuclear button.

Her comments as reported in POLITICO.

... In her latest appearance, Palin stated: “Look at Newt Gingrich, what’s going on with him via the establishment’s attacks,” she said, though the original question was about Ron Paul (emphasis mine). “They’re trying to crucify this man and rewrite history and rewrite what it is that he has stood for all these years.”

Palin then called conservative writer Peggy Noonan “hypocritical” for recently calling Gingrich an “angry little attack muffin.”

“They maybe subscribe such characterization of Newt via words like that, but they don’t subscribe those to say Mitt Romney when he or his surrogates do the same thing,” she said. “That’s that typical hypocrisy stuff in the media that I’ve lived with over a couple of decades in the political arena. So I’m used to it.”

“But in order to help educate the rest of the American public, I’ll articulate that it is hypocritical of the media to subscribe to one candidate and not another, that kind of angry attack muffin verbiage to one and not the other.” {Read More}

"They’re trying to crucify this man and rewrite history and rewrite what it is that he has stood for all these years." Sarah, with all due respect, might I suggest you do a bit of research and familiarize yourself with the man's record. Maybe even talk to a few who have worked with him (I'm fairly confident you know a few} and really know the real Newt Gingrich.

Via: Memeorandum

Comments

  1. As much as I hate to say it, that might be a winning combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Newtie will not be the prez. With or without Palin. She is only losing more credibility. But given the very sad shape of the Republican party it really sprang't matter, now does it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was entertained by her calling the attacks on Newt " GOP cannibalism."


    I think Jeb Bush may end up being drafted by the GOP. Either him or Mitch Daniels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truth - Yeah, I know you have been on this Jeb Bush crap for awhile. Ain't gonna happen. Timing is wrong.

    As to Daniels, well, it is a possibility and it could work. I might be able to live with that as well. Would need to do a bit more research into his record were this to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way about Palin as I do about Rachel Maddow - nails on a chalkboard. At least with Palin, though, you have the option of turning the sound down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

RN USA is a No Judgement Zone (to steal from Planet Fitness), so please, No Judgement of others. We reserve the right to delete any such comment immediately upon detection.

All views are welcome. As long as the comment is on topic and respectful of others.



Top Posts

2015 Could Be a Bad Year for Liberals...

April Job Numbers Appear Improved... Are They Really?

Jon Stewart and the Babbling Nancy Pelosi...

Small Businesses Can Improve the Health of a Community...

Is Our Democratic Republic At Risk From Forces Both Foreign and Within?...

Artur Davis Calls Biden Remarks 'Racial Visiousness'...

From the Tea-Publican Right...

The Ignorance and Arrogance of Obama...

It's Going To Be Close, Brace Yourself For Continued Polarization of America, Especially if Obama Loses...