Fog, Progressives, the Land of the Lost, and Animal Farm


by Les Carpenter
Rational Nation USA


When you spend enough time in progressive collectivist blogistan, aka the land of the lost, it imparts a certain feeling of being lost in a fog. Sort of like the feelings you experienced on those foggy and dreary mornings waiting at the bus stop for the school bus to arrive. You just knew it was going to be another very long day when the teachers were going to expect you to learn something when you would rather bring doing something else. At least that's the way it was for me, and it's just how it was in progressive collectivist blogistan.

Really though, putting the analogy aside, there are similarities and differences.

One, I chose to subject myself to the the incessant kool aid of the left, whereas I had no choice but to go to school if I wanted to learn and some day be able to support myself. Two, I learned nothing from my experience in left blogistan other than ... nope, like I said nothing. Three, I learned a great deal from my school experience and for the most part was fortunate to have teachers that taught facts and allowed me to think for myself and draw my own conclusions.

That of course was back in the day when educators actually spent their time educating rather than indoctrinating. Having said that I must acknowledge there are many teachers who are dedicated and aspire to teach their students how to develop critical thinking skills. In fact, my baby sister is an educator and she does just that. She is a conservative with an open mind that teaches her students it's okay to think differently if you can back up your position with reasonable supporting arguments.

For all the talk you hear from the progressive collectivists about progressives being the true defenders of liberty and free thought it amazes me just how closed minded and fanatically adverse they are to anything that differs from their cherished and usually emotional viewpoint. For the most part they consider themselves to be the elite and thus have all the appropriate answers. If you don't believe it just ask them.

My time in the land of the lost also reminded me of the book Animal Farm. The book that pitted the animals (the working class) against their owners (the bourgeoisie) in what depicted the classic class struggle. After the animals threw their masters off the farm and ran it as a collective with all animals being equal things were okay for awhile. But before they knew it the pigs, who were the smartest begin to change the rules of the democratic collective and gradually installed themselves as the rulers of the people. They declared themselves more equal because of their superior intellect and knowledge.

By the end of the story the animals wanted their old masters back because they were treated by far better with them running the farm than with the pigs running the farm as progressive collectivist dictators.

The thing I noticed in the land of the lost is that if you agreed with the progressive line all was well. They all seemed to sit around in their fog and echo the same chorus line about how everything would be so much better if only the nasty, dirty, bigoted racist, homophobic, delusional right (as in republicans, libertarians, and conservatives) would just go away and let them play and romp in the nirvana fields of progressive collectivist thought.

As much as I would love to disclose the most virulent of these sites where anybody who dare oppose their views, or in any way make a curt disparaging remark about one of them will be threatened and intimidated so as to shut the person up. I know because I faced such intimidation. Yet on the pages of many of these sites all conservatives, Tea Party supporters, and republicans are maligned, called the most disparaging names, and mocked. However should I name any of these sights there will no doubt be more intimidation.

Progressive collectivist blogistan, aka the land of the lost is truly Animal Farm. And they wish to impose their elitism and world view on the rest of us. If you haven't read Animal Farm by George Orwell, I highly recommend it. The political ideology is still alive and well in the progressive collectivist movement. And that my fellow true defenders of liberty is where the danger lies.

Note: The term blogistan I borrowed from fellow RN USA writer Silverfiddle. Thanks and I hope you won't think of me as plagiarizer. : -)

Editors Note: Graphics compliments of Left Coast Rebel.

Comments

  1. Les, if you check the style guide, you'll see Left Blogistan should be capitalized! ;)

    I've detected an increased level of agitation over there. They're getting more shouty and provide even less than the already scanty defense of their feelings. A lot more name-calling too. I must give Sue credit though, she is bravely soldiering on and now provided the most coherent and straighforward defense of the party line.

    I think they know they're cooked. The hopium has gone rancid, and they're left with nothing but broken dreams and some change rattling around in the ashtray...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are realizing Obama has destroyed their whole movement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silverfiddle - Leave it to me. I can't even get it right when I plagiarize. ;-)

    I am sure they must be getting frantic knowing their empty suit impostor and poster boy (is that raaaaacist?)is hell bent on destroying their party and the nation.

    Hopium is indeed a dangerous drug and the lft has overdosed.

    Sue is a good soldier in their cause. Always respectful too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trestin - T believe you hit the nail squarely on the head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Hopium"? LOL! That's brilliant!

    The best thing to happen to our Nation is the rise of these progressives. Look at how it has brought you all together in defiance and objection.

    Intellectualism and emotionally-driven rhetoric will never ultimately rule the day. The libs are as hollow as the milk-chocolate easter bunnies their kids consume en masse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon - Hm, interesting comment.

    "Intellectualism and emotionally-driven rhetoric will never ultimately rule the day. The libs are as hollow as the milk-chocolate easter bunnies their kids consume en masse."

    'Intellectualism is okay. Emotionalism void of objectivism is not. And in a nutshell that defines the progressive collectivist movement.'

    Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

RN USA is a No Judgement Zone (to steal from Planet Fitness), so please, No Judgement of others. We reserve the right to delete any such comment immediately upon detection.

All views are welcome. As long as the comment is on topic and respectful of others.



Top Posts

As the Obama Administration and a Compliant Lame Stream Media Continue the Benghazi Spin...

It's Going To Be Close, Brace Yourself For Continued Polarization of America, Especially if Obama Loses...

Another Republican Accused Of Sexual Misconduct...

Illinois Democrats Move To Tighten Firearm Regulation/Restrictions...

Our Biggest Creditor {China} Tells Us "The good old days of borrowing are over"

The Public's Trust In Government on the Decline...

The "Scandal" That Won't Go Away...

How A Nation Can and Does Change...