If Cannabis Is Legalized, Portugal Could Be A Window Into California's Future



Hey there! Wes Messamore here. In this video, I narrate my most recent article at CAIVN- Jack Hunter style. Opponents of cannabis legalization worry that it will have a detrimental effect on society. That feeling is understandable, but citing a Cato study, I take a look at Portugal where all drugs were decriminalized in 2001. Ten years later not only has Portugal avoided a nightmare of spiraling drug addiction, all signs indicate that drug use in Portugal has declined. Enjoy!


And please Digg it up. Don't have a Digg account? Get one!

Comments

  1. Well, prohibition certainly didn't lessen drinking, but it did make the mob (and the Kennedy's) rich.

    I've always heard that the main reason government big-wigs don't want to legalize drugs is because legal competition would cut into their profits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wes - Excellent work!

    The data you present here supports that which I have known to be true for years.

    Well done my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorges Smythe - Yeah, I could never figure it out. You would think Leviathan would want to legalize so it could tax and add to the revenue stream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if there is a connection with the country's lack of a big social safety net?

    I agree with decriminalizing drugs in principal, but I don't think we're ready. In order to implement a libertarian law, we must be prepared to live with the libertarian consequences (Coked out losers losing their homes, wandering the streets.

    Liberals would scream "do something!" and you and I would end up supporting these burned out losers and their innocent children.

    I'm a medium core libertarian, and I agree with the theoretical argument--just playing devils advocate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SilverFiddle - I guess we have to start somewhere or we will never be ready. Call it a leap of faith I guess. The data is pretty clear though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

RN USA no longer accepts comments. The information presented is for reflection, contemplation, and for those seeking greater understanding and wisdom. It is for seekers and those with an open mind and heart.

Namaste



Top Posts

Are Republicans and the Trump Administration Taking on Water?...

3 Buddhist Teachings to Instantly Quiet Your Mind & Stop Overthinking...

Are We Americans Capable of Entering Into Rational, Honest, and Productive Discusion Over Sensitive Matters?...

Putin's Own 'STARLINK' Shocks Europe, Ukraine & Musk; Zelensky 'Desperately Begs' Trump; 'ACT NOW...

THE PROTOCOLS & THE SCOFIELD BIBLE...

Blanche & Trump BEGIN COUP ATTEMPT w/ Attack on Judicial Branch!...

May PEOTUS Trump Reap That Which He Has Sowed...

THE PROTOCOLS OF ZION & THE SCOFIELD BIBLE – A Dive into Arab Interpretation Master...

The NRA Solution To Gun Violence In Our Schools...

Over the Top, Even for Obama...