Purveyor of Truth
A Conservative Manifesto (revised 11/25/15)
1) Limited effective government with authority granted to it as enumerated in our Constitution
2) A true free market capitalist economy, that is to say a market regulated to insure honest competition. For a market to be free it must be regulated.
3) A judiciary (Supreme Court) that interprets law from a strict constitutionalist prospective.
4) A legislative branch that recognizes their responsibility is to the people and not their own corrupt political interests or those of any special interest group.
5) A government that recognizes the rights of the individual as delineated in our Bill of Rights and the Constitution.
6) A government that views its mandate to tax the citizenry as limited to funding the proper role of government. Which includes providing for the national defense and the general welfare of the nation.
7) A government that recognizes the value of borders, language, and culture and insures that we have effective laws to control immigration into our country. As a nation of immigrants we should remain a melting pot but must do so wisely.
8) A government that recognizes the only appropriate use of deadly force is in the defense of our borders and our people
9) A government that protects the rights of all to free political and religious speech as well as written expression of the same.
10) A government that insures its citizens are protected from crimes against their person or property, and when necessary administers proper and effective redress.
Have fun... adding to, striking from, scraping entirely, whatever. Build a better mousetrap if ya'll like. As for me? I'll check in from time to time and maybe even comment, but higher priorities are now calling.
BTW, this will be an open thread for some time. Keep it respectful, non critical, non judgmental, and clean, so an honest free flowing discussion can take form.
Thanks to all.
Or the Alternative
h/t The Surfer Dude