We Stand Together or We Fall Together

by: Les Carpenter
Rational Nation USA
Birthplace of Independent Conservarism




Yup, the issue is heating up. Governor Walker, facing a 3 + billion dollar deficit, is attempting to do what he was elected to do.

Perhaps the unions have a valid concern with respect to the bargaining issue. The Governor sure has heck has real concern with respect to the WI state budget deficit. The result of failure to stop the bleeding and gradually reduce the state debt will likely bankrupt the state of Wisconsin.

Governor Walker is being criticized for giving businesses tax breaks designed to keep existing business in the state as well as making it attractive for new businesses to start up in the state. The result should be a net increase in private sector employment. This is a good thing is it not?

At any rate, as you look around and see the federal government with a debt it cannot possibly continue to sustain {and pumping out paper money like water coming out of a perpetually open spigot}, states like Wisconsin, California, New Jersey, Illinois, and others facing huge and growing budget shortfalls with no end in sight, isn't it time to get real and find workable solutions?

Perhaps your state will be next. Maybe it is fast approaching or is already at this point. Something to think about.

Read: Poll Shows Support for Public Employees, Protesters in Wisconsin Fight

Or will it be emotions and politics as usual?

Via: Memeorandum

Comments

  1. Top Ten Reasons They Voted Democrat...

    10. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.
    9. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
    8. I voted Democrat because Freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
    7. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves.
    6. I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.
    5. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies through abortion so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.
    4. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits.
    3. I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the democrats see fit.
    2. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
    1. I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my a$$ that it is unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. News Flash, everyone:

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110222/ts_yblog_theticket/fewer-americans-describe-themselves-as-democrats

    "According to Gallup, in 2010 every state and the District of Columbia had fewer residents describing themselves as Democrats or identifying as independent voters who leaned Democratic. Some of the biggest declines occurred in swing states that helped Obama claim the presidency in 2008, including Nevada, New Hampshire, Wisconsin, Colorado and Indiana."

    Oooooh, that's gonna leave a mark.

    Donald in Bethel, CT

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been taught to me that "The needs of the few can never outweigh the needs of the many."

    Democrats and liberals do not understand this. As a matter of recorded fact, they twist it around like this:

    They pick anything that is considered a "minority", be it racial, gender, or sexual preference. They then claim these minorities as their own, (Congratulations, you are all now Democrats!), and seek to force the many to accommodate or pay or acquiesce to these minority classes.

    They have it completely backwards.

    To them, in forcing the many to take care of or to suckle the few with entitlements or concessions that cost the many way too much, is completely acceptable and how things should be.

    The Governor of Wisconsin understand the concept of the needs of the many outweighing the needs of the few. Bravo for him. The labor unions and their ilk will seek to put flesh on their entitlement mentality, but the Governor simply needs to point to the many and say, "Gone are the days of your union elitism and public service grandiose benefits. We have a State to rescue."

    Donald in Bethel, CT

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://fullmetalpatriot.blogspot.com/2011/02/union-thug-assaults-tabitha-hale-on.html

    Nice. Nice manners, jackass.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

RN USA is a No Judgement Zone (to steal from Planet Fitness), so please, No Judgement of others. We reserve the right to delete any such comment immediately upon detection.

All views are welcome. As long as the comment is on topic and respectful of others.



Top Posts

Our Biggest Creditor {China} Tells Us "The good old days of borrowing are over"

More From The Lincoln Project On Our Liar In Chief...

2015 Could Be a Bad Year for Liberals...

From the Tea-Publican Right...

Jon Stewart and the Babbling Nancy Pelosi...

Is Our Democratic Republic At Risk From Forces Both Foreign and Within?...

April Job Numbers Appear Improved... Are They Really?

The Ignorance and Arrogance of Obama...

Artur Davis Calls Biden Remarks 'Racial Visiousness'...