Elvis Presley - My Boy

by Les Carpenter
Rational National USA


Always an avid Elvis Presley fan I can say there are many many songs that merit recognition for their unique creative presentation and feeling. However, there is one tune that, at least in this critics view ranks at top of the best of his best. Call it my sentimentalism or the fact I am getting older (and hopefully wiser) but the emotions this song brings to the surface are as profound as they are powerful.

Perhaps this post is my way of saying to my two sons and daughter publicly how proud I am of each and and how much joy they have brought to my life over the years. Or perhaps it is that my better half of twenty five years and I now have a wonderful two year old grandson and another grandchild on the way. Or more likely it is both.

The message of this post is this... Life is short and sometimes the really important values far to often end up taking a back seat. Sad but true.

VIDEO:



And now some good ole rock and roll:



To all my faithful readership have a great up and coming week!

Comments

Top Posts

As the Liberal/Progressive Media and Blogosphere Attempt To Destroy Governor Chris Christie...

And The Carnage Continues...

Unspeakable Evil...

Recommended Reading, Thomas Piketty’s best-selling new book, “Capital in the Twenty-First Century”...

Our Biggest Creditor {China} Tells Us "The good old days of borrowing are over"

On the Zimmerman Trial amd Outcome...